[scribus] Where is the code for the icons.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jan 24 14:14:32 UTC 2015

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 18:11:35 +0100
Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:

> > On 23 Jan 2015, at 15:50, John Culleton
> > <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 15:00:40 +0100
> > JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:

> >> A quick search for ".png" shows they are in
> >> resources/icons folder.
> >>
> >> JLuc
> >>

> >> ___
> >> Scribus Mailing List:
> >> scribus at lists.scribus.net Edit your options
> >> or unsubscribe:
> >> See also: http://wiki.scribus.net
> >> http://forums.scribus.net
> >>

> >> _______________________________________________________
> >> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL
> >> Domain Hosting http://www.doteasy.com
> >
> > Thanks for the pointer.
> >
> > The icons are there. That helps. I was
> > looking for the code that created them. For a
> > book bitmap files of e.g. 95 dpi or less are
> > not what I need. 300 dpi is the norm.
> >
> > I will try to recreate the appearance of
> > the ones I need into new vector files to get
> > rid of the dpi problem. AT least I now have
> > access to the png files which I can blow up
> > to copy when I recreate my approximations.
> >
> > Thanks for the prompt answers.
> > --
> >

> Some are from the tango icon set where you will
> be able to get svgs
>
> Craig
> ___

Happily I found the source of at least one such
icon. It is the icon for creating a graphic
frame. Here is the URL:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gnome-insert-image.svg
This one is critical because at icon size
and resolution it is just a blur.

As I need others I will look up the name in the
Scribus source, change the suffix from png to
svg, and search away. Then using Inkscape I will
resize to the dimensions I want and save as a
pdf. Today I will experiment with resizing in
Scribus instead. But in any case I have a path
to the image I want at the size and dpi I want.

Thanks for your hint!
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press