[scribus] Converting styles

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Jan 23 14:17:33 UTC 2015

hi,

> Consider what the "No Style" is. It's actually the Default Paragraph
> Style.
> > Just go to Edit > Styles, and edit the Default Paragraph Style,
> > realizing that each Paragraph Style implies a Character Style, so
> > edit that tab too.
> >

> Wouldn't it be very nice if setting the style for the frame would only
> change the "No style" paragraphs?
>
> It would make sense to me: Any text in the frame that does not
> explicitly have a set style will inherit the frames style, but text
> with an explicit style will stay that style.
>
> Unfortunately that is not how it works today, changing the style in
> the frame properties will change the style permanently for all text
> in the frame...

while i think that your proposal is clever and might be useful in some
cases, i would prefer not to see this in scribus.

i fear that for the less proficient users, it would be hard to
understand, why the style is not applied to the whole content
as she wanted to...
seeing it applied to the whole text is much more self-explaining,
whatever her goal was.

and if i understand correctly your issue, you can already use the
replace dialog to replace styles...

ciao
a.l.e