[scribus] Line breaking rules for Asian languages

Kimberly Eden Skucy timeisshort at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 04:33:19 UTC 2015

Dear Scribus Team,

Thank you for your efforts and contribution in making such a nice
professional desktop publishing software for the publishing world.
As a self publisher who simply cannot afford Adobe Indesign's outrageous
pricey cloud based program, I think Scribus is an awesome program for
folks like me.

Would you be as kind to also include line breaking rules for Asian
languages like Korean, Japanese, or Chinese, etc....?

European style or Latin style languages have hyphens that could be used
to prevent white river spaces between words.
But Asian languages don't need a hyphen to break a line.
In my usage of Scribus I couldn't do anything with it to make line
breaks that could be broken up by text in Korean.
Scribus only breaks a line in Korean by clause which makes really wide
white river spaces that are too ugly and obvious to be published.
I tried to tweak it by adjusting the tracking and width for space
settings, but the problem still remained.

If you could fix this problem or show me how to do it, I would be
soooooo grateful.

Thank you again!

--
The formation of a noble character is the work of a lifetime, and must be the result of diligent and persevering effort.
God gives opportunities; success depends upon the use made of them. --"Patriarchs and Prophets," pp. 222, 223.

---