[scribus] Editing a book, any hints or gothchas?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jan 16 14:08:13 UTC 2015

On 01/16/2015 01:43 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> I'd like to use footnotes in each chapter, and afaiu it is available in
>> 1.5,
>> which isn't released yet. I'm on 1.4.4 on Ubuntu. What is your advice?
>>

> A lot of people are using 1.5, as far as I understand it works well,
> however don't blame us if all your work suddenly disappears:)

Be aware that footnotes in 1.5.0 is not satisfactorily implemented yet.

>> Is there any way to automatically add text frames that fills the page
>> margin
>> when you add pages? Right now I'm copy/pasting a blank text frame as I go
>> when I add pages, but that's a bit tedious and error prone.
>>

> This feature is called Automatic text frames.

Unfortunately, you can only set Automatic text frames when you create a
new document. The workaround might be to create a new one and import
your pages from the old one if you've already started.

Also be aware that if you click the text frame icon (or use the keyboard
shortcut 'T'), if you hold down Shift, then left click on the page
inside the margins the frame will fill up to the margins IF you don't
have any guides on the page -- the frame actually fills the space in 4
directions until it gets to a guide or margin.

Greg