[scribus] Printing service problem with Scribus

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Tue Jan 13 14:36:23 UTC 2015

> Are all fonts embedded in both files? Subset or not?

Yes, I just checked it - when I click on "embed all fonts", nothing
changes. And I would have sworn I had not forget, because clicking on
this button has become kinda habit to me :-)

>> Today, another guy said "oh, Scribus, that's typical, we have much trouble
>> like this with Scribus PDFs. Better try another program".
>>

> Next time, tell them Scribus PDFs are compliant with the PDF standard and
> that they should get a new RIP that can handle modern PDFs :)
>
> Simply put: If the file shows correct in Adobe Reader it should print fine.

Yes they do. And they showed correctly in their online preview, their
system has a check and said "ok", so...

The first guy said, they make another run after this, sometimes that
produces errors. The second guy said, "system says there was a PDF
error, was corrected, so print should be good now".

I'm praying...

Rolf