[scribus] Printing service problem with Scribus

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Jan 13 11:54:53 UTC 2015

As for me i regularly have about the same issue,
but that is allways my fault : i forgot to embed all used fonts.
Most of the time, i've done it once, while preparing the output,
but then i add some more text using a new font
and then i forgot to do it *once more* before exporting to PDF
the upgraded version of the document.

My guess is that this is the most common reason
why printers have a bad opinion of scribus.
:-(

As for now, so as to avoid this, i use a shell script
that checks whether all used fonts are embeded :
https://github.com/JLuc/scribus-project-manager/blob/master/slacheckfonts
But then i must not forgot to use it allways before each pdf export !
It'd be much better when scribus would include this check in the preflight checker.

So, true, scribus could do better :
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10770
Preflight checker could provide an option that would go
"check that all used fonts are either embeded or outlined in the PDF export".

JLuc