[scribus] Scribus making links (clickable)

Gimp-Werkstatt gimp-werkstatt at gmx.de
Thu Jan 8 19:14:10 UTC 2015

Hi

I First apologies for my bad English, and hope you understand my stammering.

I do have a little problem with Scribus inserting links to a text.

The members of Gimp-Werkstatt write a little newsletter. I get the text,
screen shots and photos that I arrange with Scribus. Quite often the
authors send a text with links that point to a page within our forum.

So until now my work flow was:
adding the link within the rest of the text and colour it
orange/underline so it looks like a link
than I open a little text field (Icon with two feet) and add the Link to
the properties.

When I want to export to PDF Scribus marks it as a mistake, because the
box with the link is empty.

Well, this work flow is not really good, because it always means a some
fiddly work moving the link boxes, when I add some text to the text box
or change some text.

I have also tried to insert the link text to the link box, but when I
export the work to PDF, the PDF doesn't show the link text.

Perhaps - at least I hope so - somebody knows a better an easier way of
working with links within a flowing text.

Thanks a lot for your help

Anke