[scribus] Editing a book, any hints or gothchas?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Feb 25 12:26:28 UTC 2015

hi

>>   Unfortunately, you can only set Automatic text frames when you create a
>>   new document. The workaround might be to create a new one and import
>>   your pages from the old one if you've already started.
> Is there any technical reason why it isn't possible to enable automatic
> text frames after a document have been created? Or is it just a matter
> of lack of developer time for that feature?

in my eyes, it should only be possible to set it in the document
settings and not in the new file dialog.

who thinks about it, when creating the file?

this morning, i've submitted a ticket concerning a -- possible --
cleanup of the file > new dialog...

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=12933

and one of my suggestions is to make this value "document settings"-only.
you will, then have to define a template for layouts that you use often
or go into the document settings and change for the specific document.

ciao
a.l.e