[scribus] massive slowdown - typing int text boxes

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Feb 9 20:12:56 UTC 2015

On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 14:13:08 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 02/07/2015 12:41 PM, Thorsten Rochelmeyer
> wrote:
> > Am 07.02.2015 um 18:30 schrieb Peter
> > Nermander:
> >> Scribus already works with preview images,
> >> you can chose resolution for the preview for
> >> each image frame even.
> >>

> > I have already selected lowest preview
> > resolution, but that barely shows any effect.
> > Images are 30 x 42 mm ...
> >

> The issue isn't necessarily the size of the
> image frames, but the size of the images that
> go into the frames.
>
> Greg
>

> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain
> Hosting http://www.doteasy.com

With last night's 1.5.0 and on a page not linked
to others activating the story editor can take
half a minute. This is text taken from another
document. The other document is 208 pages and I
have allowed for 300 pages because the Scribus
version is  on a smaller page dimension.
Right now there are no graphics, just pure text.

I can't live with this slowness. I will
start all over with 1.4.5.

I understand that 1.5.0 is a work in progress.
But if/when the slowness is cured it would be nice
if someone would post a notice to that effect.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press