[scribus] New German Scribus Community

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Feb 3 09:42:44 UTC 2015

hallo anke

> By the way, I'm still waiting for the permission to login to the forum
> on scribus.net.

do you mean http://forums.scribus.net ?

i don't see any users starting with anke or gimp or scribuswerkst...

i don't think either, that there is a need for manual activation there...

you should be able to register and start posting...

can you please try again?
(or is it possible that a confirmation email you are waiting for has
been lost in the spam folder?)

> I was trying to find a way to register into the wiki, to see how it
> works. I couldn't find a link saying "Register". Maybe you can tell me
> where to find it.
as far i can tell, you should be able to register through the login link
on the top right corner, but that does not work as it is supposed.

but there is some hope:

- go to the wiki
- click on the "log in" link in the top right corner
- click on "help with logging in"
- go to the section "how to log in" > "creating an account"
- start reading it and click on "create account"
- fill the form, send it and cross your fingers (i have not tested that
last step)

since there has been a registration on february 1st, it should work.

btw, can somebody find a way to add a "register" link to the login form?
it's probably a setting somewhere, since it is supposed to be there!

> One of the members of the new forum asked, if it is worth it, to start
> updating for 1.4, when 1.5 is already on the way. I believe you have
> more information about it, if it is worth it, or if we should wait a
> little while and than update everything for 1.5.

... personally, i don't want to see any effort put on 1.4 anymore. the
spare energy we have should be used to get 1.6 finally out!

but other people have different opinions...

have a nice day
a.l.e