[scribus] New German Scribus Community

Gimp-Werkstatt gimp-werkstatt at gmx.de
Tue Feb 3 08:19:57 UTC 2015

Am 03.02.2015 um 02:25 schrieb scribus-request at lists.scribus.net:
> ------------------------------
>

> I would also more specifically emphasize that the wiki is by users, for
> users, so if you don't like what you see, you are free and welcome, and
> encouraged to make it better. Some people start out by just translating
> from the existing English. This can also be a good way to learn about
> Scribus as you run through the screenshots, and fix outdated information.
>
> Good wiki pages sometimes make their way to the online documentation.
>
> Greg
>
>>> So let's sum up:
>>>    * There is wiki in English which is outdated
>>
>> That's unfair :
>> some pages of the wiki are outdated,
>> some other pages are brand new,
>> some are correctly updated.
>> That's usually the case for any lasting internet site,
>> particularly for a lasting wiki.
>>
>> Updating outdated pages is something anybody can do.
>> Updating outdated pages is every user's responsability.

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult anybody here on the list, because you all
are doing a great job. I was looking through the German wiki /
manual/... to see what kind of artikles there are. Maybe that are the
english artikles, that haven't been updated, yet. the english entry to
the wiki is realy beautifully made. Would it be possible to adupt that
desigh for the German entry, too? It might just be me, but I find the
German entry kind of very colourful.

I got a bit carried away, because of the argumentation on this list. As
I believe, that Open Source Software should be available for everyone,
not only for a certain group of people. By the way, I'm still waiting
for the permission to login to the forum on scribus.net.

I was trying to find a way to register into the wiki, to see how it
works. I couldn't find a link saying "Register". Maybe you can tell me
where to find it. One of the members of the new forum asked, if it is
worth it, to start updating for 1.4, when 1.5 is already on the way. I
believe you have more information about it, if it is worth it, or if we
should wait a little while and than update everything for 1.5.

It might be a good idea, to start translating from the entry page and
direct to different languages from there. But as I already said, I don't
know, what the technique of the web or the wiki looks like.

Anke

--
http://www.kreativ-workshops.net