[scribus] How do I make hyper-links both clickable and visible in a pdf generated in Scribus 1.4.5

Wayne DePrince Jr. waynedpj at in-giro.org
Sat Aug 29 21:23:24 UTC 2015

Il giorno Sat, 29 Aug 2015 14:00:10 -0700
Duane G Canaday <sunny51dc at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> I have been trying to follow the instructions in the wiki on how to do this
> using Method A.
> If I make them a pdf annotation they are clickable just not visible in the
> pdf if I make them a pdf bookmark they are visible but not clickable.  I
> see they seem to be mutually exclusive operations.
> So how do you normally do this?
> Do I have to insert the text twice and make one an annotation and the other
> a bookmark. I have never done this before so some idea of the best way to
> do this would be appreciated.
>
> I am using Scribus 1.4.5 in Mepis 12
> Thanks

ahoy Duane/Dwayne ;)

  i had the same problem in 1.5.x and the only solution i could find was what you already stated: using 2 elements for each "clickable" thing.  for my case i had to have a graphical text element (i.e. SVG images of text, not actual text .. long story) w/ a hyperlink.  i ended up using 2 layers: "graphical texts" and "links".  for each element i first placed+sized+positioned the SVG image in the "graphical texts" layer, then made an empty text box of the exact same dimensions in the "links" layer.  i then added the PDF web link annotation to the text box in the "links" layer and welded the 2 elements together.  i imagine others on this list can prob give you a better way to accomplish the same goal, but this worked for me.  hope it helps.

peace, w