[scribus] OpenType alternate glyph support

Alex Zepeda scribus at inferiorhumanorgans.com
Sat Aug 29 20:45:17 UTC 2015

Regarding issue #1413

<http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1413>

I'm curious to see what the status of this is.  I migrated to InDesign
from Scribus because I use a couple of fonts (FF Zwo and Mister K) that
make heavy use of alternate glyphs and ligatures respectively.

I'd love to move back to Scribus, but specifically with Zwo I use
alternate glyphs for the following characters: 2, 3, 4, @, a, g, u.  So
entering them in manually would be quite a chore beyond a few words.

It looks like there was talk of a 1,000 GBP bounty, but it doesn't seem
as if anything actually materialized.  I'd love to throw some cash at
this feature, but before going down that road I was wondering:

- Are there any Scribus developers who would be interested in working on
this feature?  If so, have they set a price they'd like to see?

- Has a list of requirements and acceptance criteria been compiled?  Has
the time required to implement this been estimated yet?  It looks like
two interrelated, but separate, features were being discussed (ligatures
and alternate glyphs).

- What's the status of the existing private branch that was discussed ~5
years ago?

Cheers!

--
alex