[scribus] Ink coverage control : over 330%

Eric Hanuise eric.hanuise at flatlinedgames.com
Fri Aug 28 14:11:44 UTC 2015

Hi.
I regularly get complaints from my printers that ink coverage exceeds 330%.
I usually export as pdf 1.5, with a target profile of iso coated v2
300%. However as pdf 1.5 doesn't embed the profile it can be tricky.
I tried pdf x/3, but the lack of transparency support is a real issue,
as I have a log of PNG images and mainly use Scribus to convert these
rgb files to cmyk press-ready files.
Are there options to control the ink coverage within Scribus ?
(I'm using Linux and free software, so Acrobat pro and other high end
tools such as Callas are not an option.)