[scribus] looking the Scripter under the hood?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Aug 26 06:05:30 UTC 2015

hi martin

> still on holiday and still messing with Python and making some progress...
>
> Now I am getting curious: I read in help: The Plugin (Scripter) installs
> a built-in Module "scribus". Thus to use the extensions to the Python
> language you must do a "import scribus"
>

> So I figure, there might be a module called scribus.py or a folder
> called scribus with __init__.py or something similar on the source
> repository. I would love to have a look, but cannot find it. Google did
> not find it either, which means that I am probably looking wrongly.
>
> http://scribus.net/websvn/
>

> I want to look at many examples. And why not look at stuff that I find
> interesting, rather than extraterrestrial foo-bar examples...

as far as i recall it, there is no generated scribus module, but the API
is generated on the fly from the scribus code.

if you're interested in having a look under the hood, i would suggest
you to have a look at the new scripter: we need help there!

we are stuck at the point where pyqt5 is supposed to connect the signals
and slots with the qt5 side of scribus (with pyqt4 we were allowed and
did use strings to match just the name. now, we have to match the real
signals and slots)

i think that if somebody has a look under the hood and starts
documenting the whole module would be a help!

some helpful links:

- http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/ScripterNG
- http://scripterng.blogspot.ch/
- http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/GSoC_2011_Scripter2_Proposal