[scribus] Font fury

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Aug 11 13:41:49 UTC 2015

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 23:32:49 +0200
JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:

> Le 10/08/2015 22:12, John Culleton a écrit :
> > Proofs cost money. How can I be sure that the
> > fonts are in the pdf file before I ship it to
> > the printer?
>
> Have a look at the scribus project manager
> https://github.com/JLuc/scribus-project-manager/
>
> it features some tools to check files
> https://github.com/JLuc/scribus-project-manager/blob/master/slacheck
>
> and one of them is dedicated to fonts :
> https://github.com/JLuc/scribus-project-manager/blob/master/slacheckfonts
>
> JLuc

I downloaded the last script and ran it against
my cover file with the .sla omitted. It errored
out on line 36.

I am still concerned about the fact that all
the fonts were checked as being embedded before
I uploaded the pdf. If it fails again I may
switch all fonts to the Dejavu family. They seem
to work.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press