[scribus] Font fury

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Aug 10 20:12:32 UTC 2015

I prepared a cover using some ordinary fonts.
Liberation Serif Regular shows up in scribus 1.5.0
and on the  cover pdf on my computer. Most fonts
are not subsetted. But when the cover was printed
for many lines of text all the characters are
just rectangles. Scribus finds these fonts (all
of the Liberation family) in my home directory in
the directory .fonts. But they also appear
in /usr/share/fonts. Deja Vu fonts come through
OK.

Will subsetting these fonts embed them into the
pdf file?

Proofs cost money. How can I be sure that the
fonts are in the pdf file before I ship it to the
printer?

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press