[scribus] I would like to learn your views on what I've done with Scribus for a scholarly journal

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sun Aug 9 11:56:58 UTC 2015

Le 09/08/2015 13:41, Editor, JTCS a écrit :
> Greetings,
> I have tried to learn and use Scribus for a time, and the latest result is like what you can see on, say,
> http://dergipark.ulakbim.gov.tr/jotcsa/article/view/5000082880/5000101113 for example. As I am a chemist and not a
> designer, I would like to learn what I can do in order to get a better result. I am especially wondering if I am doing
> something wrong and would be glad if I can learn how to do better.

Hello,

IMO there are 2 possible layout improvements for sure are on first page :
- let your abstract frame have inside padding or inside margins. here there are way too small.
- the gutter for the main text is too small. And on other pages it is wider (and nicer)

Also : add vertical space wherever you feel it might deserve it on all pages
so as to make it more relaxing to read.

Also when looking closer, on page 2 and 3.
Does the picture behave as a title ?
That is very unusual and if thus, that is not clear.
Layout needs some care there,
so as to make the structure of the text become more obvious to the reader.
Layout should help the understanding of the text.

JLuc