[scribus] (kein Betreff)

Owen Cook owen.cook at gmx.com
Mon Aug 3 22:48:06 UTC 2015

> Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 at 2:42 AM
> From: "Reinhard Matern" <post at reinhardmatern.de>
> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Subject: [scribus] (kein Betreff)
>
> Hello, I’m new to the list. For me Scribus is a nice software to produce
> eBooks with pagination (pdf). Nevertheless, I have a few comments:
> Perhaps the typeface in the text-editor is a little bit small. And I'd
> like the ability to set two different characters in the same position so
> that they can complement each other. Similarly, 'paragraph style' in
> terms of lines are too rigid. I would like to deviate from the line
> spacing, as needed. It would be fantastic to get properties like once in
> 'Signum! 2’ (Atari).

Using Scribus-1.4.x?

To change the typeface in the story editor.

1. Without an open document, File->Preferences->Tools->Text

2. Set font to your choosing.

To set two characters in the same position;

1. Place a text frame over the character and type in your new character, or

2. In the frame, place the cursor between the two characters, and use the advanced text settings (Manual tracking) in the Properties Palette

To change  the line spacing, look at the text settings in the Properties Palette. There is a line spacing box there called "Fixed Line Spacing"

Also look in the advanced Text settings, "Offset to Baseline of characters" and play with that.

You may also wish to read the built in manual (Help->Scribus_Manual->Documentation->Scribus_Basics->Text)

Owen