[scribus] tr: Making a large poster out of smaller sheets of paper

Jean-Paul Gendner jean-paul.gendner at orange.fr
Sun Apr 26 15:11:12 UTC 2015

Hello,

     I only found this subjet now.

     If you have to work with some posters, and have your posters as
images (jpg files), you may use my Galva program, which was mainly build
for scales applications, but which however include a GalvPoster.dat
application file that I specifically developed to print big posters with
an A4 printer.

     The application file begins with the asignation of some variables
that must be modified as needed. A comment explain the use of each
variable. For examples: %Fic is the variable for the image file name; %X
the Max expected width of the final poster; and so on.

%Fic = Galv_Poster.jpg ' Nom fichier à traiter
                                  ' [File name to treat]
%X = 700                         ' Largeur max de l'image finale
                                   ' [Max width of the final picture]
%Y = 840 ' Hauteur max de l'image finale
                                   ' [Max height of the final picture]
%nx=4                  ' Nombre pages en X
                                   ' [Number of page in X]
%ny=3                  ' Nombre pages en Y
                                   ' [Number of pages in Y]
%Paysage = 0                  ' 0 -> Portrait
%Aff_Format =1             ' 1 -> affiche formats A0, A1, A2 à l'écran
' [Show formats A0, A1 and A2 on screen if 1]
%Cadril=0            ' 1 -> imprime le cadrillage
' [1-> grid is printed]
%Marge=5           ' Marge en mm sur bord impression
' [Margin in mm at the edge for the printer]
%Page0 =1                      ' 1-> imprime page d'ensemble
' [1-> Overall view is printed]
%CC = RVB 36 0 148 ' Couleur cadrillage principal
' [Main grid color]
%CC1=RVB 152 117 255 ' Couleur cadrillage secondaire
' [Secondary grid color]
%NCP = 2                         ' Nombre de cadrillages par page
' [Number of grids per page]
ZoomIni=.8                     ' Valeur par défaut du Zoom
' [Zoom default value]
%LPP = 210                     ' Largeur page Portrait [Portrait Page width]
%HPP = 297                    ' Hauteur page Portrait [Portrait Page Height]

     For Galva experimented user, the application file may be modified
for any specific use. Do not hesitate to contact me in direct if you are
interested and need a particular application file.
     The Galva programm (menus and help in French, English, German and
Spanish) is a PostcardWare availlable here:
http://www.f5bu.fr/wp/?page_id=13

     Regards,
     Jean-Paul

Jean-Paul Gendner