[scribus] Auto Page Numbering with master pages

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Sun Apr 26 06:45:35 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm using Win7/x64, v1.4.5/x64

Automatic Page Numbering is not working for me (I've never tried it over
the 10 years of Scribus use, many thanks), either with Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P,
or changed to another combo.

I have right and left Master Pages with only page number frames, applied
successfully to a document with thebottomcorner text frame showing on
each document page, with the "#" inserted as the page number
placeholder, as I have read in numerous sources.

The "Section" was already set up, I only changed the "Name" from "0" to
"Main text."

Intuitively, it seems that "something" should be selected before
applying a key combo, but Scribus and DTP is another culture, so I
don'tknow how to conceptualize that...

I searched and only found the exact same description, as above, except
for suggestions to change the key combo, if it doesn't work (apparently
for some or more), but my searching has never come across another page
number key combo that DID work.

Now, I see that "manual" use of Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P, clicked into a
suitable frame in another test doc, does insert the correct page numbers.

It also seems that the scheme for requiring the "#" inserted as the page
number placeholder is not required in the manual use of
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P, as it just remains there.

So, now I wonder about how to use the "#" or not, with Automatic Page
Numbering.

A Menu Item for "Insert/Page Numbers" might be intuitively helpful?

Barry