[scribus] How to set 'Text Flow Around Frame' option; Scribus 1.4.2

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Tue Sep 30 06:58:09 UTC 2014

> Gesendet: Montag, 29. September 2014 um 17:34 Uhr
> Von: "Tony Hamilton-tony" <shaky.start at ntlworld.com>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: [scribus] How to set 'Text Flow Around Frame' option; Scribus 1.4.2
>
> I'm trying to follow the tutorial 'Get Started with Scribus 2006' using
> Scribus 1.4.2 under Linux Mint 17, 32 bit.
>
> I am experiencing a disappointing number of problems getting the results
> described in this old tutorial, some of which are claimed to be caused
> by incorrect setting of the text flow option in object properties, shape
> tab.
>
> The issue is that on my version of Scribus there is no discernible
> difference in the appearance of the 5 tabs for the text flow option - it
> is impossible to know when a tab has been selected or pressed or what
> (aside from the 5th - Use Image Clip Path - which is greyed out in my
> version).

Hi Tony,

The tutorial you mentioned is old (and partially outdated). Thus, it's not easy to discern what kind of problem(s) you are encountering.

I'd be pleased to help you, but your description leaves too many questions as to what your actual problems are.

Could you be more specific, please?

Christoph