[scribus] Scribus download problem

kiwijohn kiwijohn at xnet.co.nz
Sun Sep 21 07:12:06 UTC 2014

Hi
About 3 weeks ago I downloaded 1.4.4 to my Windows 7 64-bit laptop.
There were problems for which I blamed myself but it appears not.
Several downloads result in Menus always being expanded beyond the
screen. I have managed to get down to the OK button occasionally but
usually the menu is fixed (locked?). As a last resort I downloaded to an
old VISTA 32-bit unit and it worked fine although the laptop is so slow
as to be unusable. I have since changed reluctantly to Libre Open
Office. I've got an illustrated booklet in progress so HELP please.
John O'Neill