[scribus] Todos and workflow tool for small team DTP

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Sep 16 07:15:10 UTC 2014

Peter Normander wrote :
 > I ended up settings up a proof of concept system with Trac.

I know trac as a user so i had a closer look at the documentation
http://trac.edgewall.org

I was surprised there is only one plugin :
it looks like there has been little customisation untill now.

Nice to think of using the wiki or the tickets as text files.
I would not intend to export to scribus,
except maybe very basic layouts.
Handwork with scribus is OK.

It was interesting to discover how to edit trac's workflow
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracWorkflow
Customisation is a bit complex (not GUI based) but it is elaborate
and would perfectly fit the needs.

Python and Open Source would make it possible to tweak trac
so as to fit other needs also.
For example : have "character count" or "page count" or "dedicated time" columns
for each created issue/article/chapter
or for each comment added to each issue/article/chapter.
It would then be possible do sum up the times
and provide a more global view for an article or chapter.

However, I'm not sure i have the time for these tweaks !
I'm no python expert, and as for now i'm looking for ready made tools,
with GUI only based setups.

(In case i could take the time to go into code and,
i would probably choose SPIP because i'm used to this php framework
http://spip.net
SPIP includes texts management, rights managements,
and it got a 'ticket' plugin as a base for an edit workflow management.)

 >> Do you use some tools to manage your edit workflows ?

Thanks a lot for sharing !

JL