[scribus] Todos and workflow tool for small team DTP

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon Sep 15 19:39:02 UTC 2014

Hello,

Do you use some tools to manage your edit workflows ?

We are a team of 2 to 5 people working on books and magazine issues.
Work is : research, write, translate, do graphics, design, do dtp and publish.
We share documents in the cloud and got to track who is entitled to edit them,
exchange comments, todos and reports on work done.
I'm currently looking for a tool that would help with workflow
and todos management.
Do you know any tools that would fit this need ?

I have had a first look and try at trello, insightly, asana and streak.
They got all nice features even in their free version.
Trello is nice and very easy to use for todos.
   but its not possible to tweak the global view enough
   and might lack some email actions.
Streak is nice and easy to tailor for editing.
   I like its global coloured view of articles in each workflow stage
   but it looks like there is no roles or authorisation management
Insightly and asana look serious.
Asana seems to enable to manage the time dedicated to a task.
None of them is free software.

Also i'd appreciate it to be able to track and display
how many glyphs or pages are in each article/project/task
and how much time has allready been dedicated to it.
Its seems not possible to add such dedicated columns in these tools.
These data can be manualy added in the title
but it would be perfect to have some dedicated management for them.

JLuc