[scribus] Having a Book Published

Michael Coughlin coughlin at cheqnet.net
Fri Sep 12 05:17:25 UTC 2014

Dear Bob:

I read your note about your publishing work.  I am reminded that you
generously responded to my earlier requests for help about using Scribus to
publish a book.  I haven't forgotten your kindness.  I still do not have the
book finished, but your encouraging words have stuck with me.  I wish I
could help you with the questions you raised, but I am a novice at this
electronic publishing business.  Just don't agree to pay for more books than
you reasonably expect you can sell. Hawking books is a difficult process, as
I have learned over the years.  I understand you are tired of the work
involved, but unless you want to dish out some up-front dollars on the hope
that you can sell your books, I would encourage you to keep at your present
program and just consider it a form of entertainment rather than as a
business.

The best to you, and thanks,

Mike Coughlin