[scribus] Small triangles when gradient diagonally

Owen Cook owen.cook at gmx.com
Sun Nov 30 06:07:25 UTC 2014

> Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2014 at 11:25 PM
> From: "Rolf-Werner Eilert" <eilert-sprachen at t-online.de>
> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Subject: Re: [scribus] Small triangles when gradient diagonally
>

> Am 29.11.2014 06:26, schrieb Owen Cook:
> >

> >> Sent: Friday, November 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM
> >> From: "Rolf-Werner Eilert" <eilert-sprachen at t-online.de>
> >> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> >> Subject: [scribus] Small triangles when gradient diagonally
> >>
> >> I'm designing a Roll-Up with Scribus, and there is a slight gray
> >> gradient I have placed in a text box on the lower-most level.
> >>
> >> When producing a PDF for preview, on my system there appear 2 white
> >> triangles (upper right and lower left) in this box, i. e. you can see
> >> how the diagonal gradient is produced by circling its graphical box by
> >> 45°. In Scribus I cannot see this, it appears in the PDF only.
> >>
> >> Obviously, the width isn't adapted enough, so it doesn't fill the whole
> >> text box.
> >>
> >> Thank you for your advice.
> >

> > Hi Rolf,
> >
> > I am not sure I understand what you are doing.
> >
> > I created a text box in 1.4.5 and filled it with a black to white gradient, top to bottom. Then exported it to pdf (1.5)
> >
> > Could not see any triangles.
> >
> > Maybe you could post the sla of your problem document?
> >

> Sure, I'll attach a version with the background gray only. Just tried it
> out, the resulting PDF shows the white edges in the gray box. The one at
> lower left is a bit covered by the red strip, but still visible.
>
> Maybe it's a matter of gray color on my screen only when shown as a PDF,
> and will not print like this? But how should I know?

> URL         : <http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/attachments/20141129/3bada8e1/attachment.bin>

OK, that file when exported to pdf and viewed in Okular showed a document with a red column on the left and the remaining space filled with a slight gradient. See  http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/images/attatchment.pdf.png

Looking at the properties of the two text boxes, I note that the Y position and height are different, so wonder if that contributes to your view.

Owen