[scribus] Removing extra spaces??

Ian Whitfield whitfield at telkomsa.net
Fri Nov 7 10:52:23 UTC 2014

*Thanks Greg*

The main problem I have comes from scanning of old printed documents,
(using YAGF/Tesserect), and then moving the corrected text into Scribus.
I find that the scanning process seems to arbitrarily add extra spaces
between some words and remove the spaces between some words. The latter
is easy to see and pick-up but the former is more difficult - specially
when your Text Style is Justified!!

So for me I was just looking for a way to detect double spaces and
remove one of them. I was also taught that you NEVER put two spaces at
the end of a sentence so it would eliminate that problem for me as well
which I pick-up from eMails and other Wordprocessing documents that I
get sent.

I have started to copy the text into LO Writer now and do a 'Find and
Replace' which works well but is an extra step in the process. I thought
a small Script in Scribus might be able to do this.

Although I know Scribus is NOT a Wordprocessor I do think all the basic
Wordprocessor functions should be present to aid in the work flow.

Thanks - I appreciate the help.

Regards from South Africa

     _
   °v°     IanW