[scribus] [OT] Posting style (was ... Re: Posting)

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Tue May 27 02:21:46 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 10:28:55AM -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> We also would like people to change the subject of the response when one
> is heading off in some other direction, like this is.

Done.

> The human side is that people are in a hurry.

That goes for the responder also. If the poster wants help doesn't take
the time to create an easily readible post, why should a potential
expert take out valuable time to respond when they have to scroll
through pages and pages of an untrimmed top posted message?

> The technical side is that some email clients automatically set you up
> to top post, which also contributes to posters not taking the time to
> trim down what they don't bother to read or check.

Well, the cursor has to go somewhere and it is easily movable.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X