[scribus] PDF/X-1a export in Scribus 1.4.4svn <- GOOD JOB :) !!!

Richard Foley rich.inud at naktiv.net
Mon May 26 06:56:52 UTC 2014

Recently I reported that the full colour PDF/X-1 Cover *and* Interior exports
in 1.4.x passed all premedia checks with LSI.

I can now report back that the actual hardcopy proof worked too. The *entire*
process worked like a charm. The final "proof of the pudding" is the colour
proof paperback, which arrived today, and looks just darned GOOD!  Everything
lines up, the colours are bright with solid contrast, it's simply a good job,
and such a RELIEF to not have to use a separate program to export to this
specific format for LSI any more. Well done, Scribus team!!!

Anyone interested can read more about the actual book, and contents, here:

    http://www.naktiv.net/naked-hiking

ps. I realize this smooth PDF/X-1 export in 1.4.x might come as no surprise to
the developers, (code + backport patch -> all works of course), but there may
still be people, (end users like myself), who would like to have this confirmed
through experience in the teeth of the real world.

Hence the feedback :)

--
Ciao

Richard Foley