[scribus] A Scribus Random Tips window ?

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon May 26 10:34:13 UTC 2014

Le 26/05/2014 10:28, Kunda Loves Scribus a écrit :

> On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 9:04 AM, ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
>> the hints i tend to like more, are the ones inkscape is giving in the
>> status bar.

Is this actually reflected in the http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10992 ?
Or do Inkscpae provides other types of hints ?

To go further that way, the next step might be to create a table on the wiki,
in the same way you did with the PdfChecker warnings,
so as to help hinting them.

What does a hint depends on ?
Obviously it depends on the active tool.
So, at first thought one of the other column would be : "active tool".

But do other contexts need to be hinted ?
For example when changing values in the PP ?

Then, what else does the hint depends on ?
Should the hint depend on actually pressed keyboardmodifiers ?
Or just be the same for all states
and thus include description for the various possible keyboardmodifiers
that change the tool's behaviour ?

Should the hint sometime depend on the selected object, whether image, text or whatever frame ?

Can these hints fit in the statusbar ?
What is the maximum length for the hint texts so as to fit in the statusbar ?
Should we have longer hints with more detailed explanation
and thus make a kind of <marquee> out of the statusbar (lol)
or have another dedicated "hints" window (or "hints" palette) ?

> My logic for this is that Scribus has immense utility and functionality but
> most people don't utilize it...
True

JLuc