[scribus] Column question

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri May 23 20:56:00 UTC 2014

On 05/23/2014 04:27 PM, Harvey Cohen wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Me again. Sorry to bother you but on the setup page I didn't see any
> reference to columns. Isthere something I'm missing?

What he is talking about is the dialog that comes up when you start a
new document. There you will see settings for columns and so on. What
this does is to create a text frame automatically, for which you can
automatically set the columns, and if you choose, you can have a similar
text frame created each time you add a new page.

If you've already made a document with text frame, select the text frame
then use the Properties palette (which you show/hide with F2), under the
text tab. Columns and text distances is a subtab of Text.

You can find further information in the online manual (F1), under
Documentation > Scribus Basics > Working with Text.

Greg