[scribus] Text does not align to Baseline Grid

g.ru at gmx.com g.ru at gmx.com
Thu May 22 13:57:44 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I'm currently composing a conference transcript using Scribus 1.4.3 on
Windows 7 Enterprise. The document is by now containing 228 pages and
several pictures.

Up to now the text aligned, as specified in the corresponding style
(which I named "Text"), to the baseline grid. Suddenly some paragraphs
refuse, while others in the same paragraph style are still aligned
correctly. I did not change anything in the style settings, when this
occurred, just worked in the text.

To fix the problem I tried to change the paragraph style settings' line
spacing mode from "Align to Baseline Grid" to  "Fixed Linespacing",
which worked for each single paragraph in "Text" style. Changing back to
"Align to Baseline Grid" was interesting: first the option disappeared
from the drop-down list. The second time "Align to Baseline Grid" was
selectable, but when selected the option jumped back to "Fixed
Linespacing". Third try was successful, though clicking apply only
changed back the paragraphs which already where aligned correctly in the
beginning. The others remained in the fixed line spacing I set before.
Several tries followed the same scheme.

Restarting Scribus did not work.

Third idea that came to my mind was changing the style of the wrongly
aligned paragraphs from "Text" to another style and back again. This
works reproducible but is not feasible for a document containing several
hundred paragraphs.

Finally I tried to reboot the whole system - which seems to solve the
problem.

Is this issue known, or does anyone experience similar?

All the best
Gregor