[scribus] A Day with Scribus

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu May 22 06:06:40 UTC 2014

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014 um 17:17 Uhr
> Von: "Richard Cichelli" <cichelli at newspapersystems.com>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: [scribus] A Day with Scribus
>
> Software Consulting Services, LLC is promoting the use of Scribus by
> newspapers.  We will be holding a free seminar at our offices titled "A
> Day with Scribus".  Please write to me (cichelli at newspapersystems.com)
> if you have an interest in attending or offering training or other
> expertise.

Hi all,

Since some of you wondered what this message meant, Software Consulting Services, LLC (SCS) (http://www.newspapersystems.com/) is a member of the Scribus community, as well as of several other Free Software projects, including Ghostscript. They are located in Nazareth, Pennsylvania, USA, and they are inviting existing and potential customers in the newspaper industry, as well as local Scribus experts to learn/tell more about Scribus, which they consider to be a serious alternative to proprietary solutions.

The next stable Scribus version 1.4.4 will already benefit from SCS's involvement. I encourage everyone who can attend (once a date has been set) to participate in "A Day with Scribus" at SCS.

SCS is older than many of those using Scribus today, and their involvement in Open Source projects also predates Scribus.

HTH,

Scribus