[scribus] Attempting to update Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake on wiki

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat Jun 28 23:18:55 UTC 2014

> There's a minor problem. I tried building Scribus with the new
> librevenge-based importers, so I built librevenge and the other three
> libraries (I met some bumps in the process, but at the end I managed
> build all four). Then I built Scribus, and everything went well. But
> when I launch Scribus, it says that it cannot find the extensions
> libvisio-0.1.so.1, libmspub-0.1.so.1 and libcdr-0.1.so.1. Scribus is
> installed in /opt/scribus150, and the three libraries are located in
> /usr/local/lib. I wonder where Scribus expects to find them.

What is your path?

# env|grep PATH

is /usr/local/bin there?

This is my PATH

PATH=/home/owen/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games

If it's not there, you will need to export it, eg

# export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"
# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/locallib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
# export PATH="/usr/local/bin:$PATH

Note however, cmake experts probably have a "-DWANT_LIBCDR=path" etc
type option to select these libraries

--
Owen