[scribus] Image moving with text

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jun 20 22:58:09 UTC 2014

On 06/20/2014 04:30 PM, Jean-Paul Gendner wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       Wonderful! Thank you very much. I just made a big step. (I tried to
> copy an ImageBox after entering in the text frame by Ctrl-T, and in this
> case, I copied the xml code!)
>
>       So, this is a perfect solution to enter an equation between two
> paragraphs.
>       However, how may I do to enter an equation inside a paragraph, taking
> into account that the equation needs to reserve space above and below the
> current line?
>
>       To better see what I mean, you may download a small file representing a
> simple example at:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49636799/Equations.jpg
>       For a better understanding, I have put the text in blue, and what are
> black are equations. For the 7th line, beginning by "exemple", the space
> above and below the line is larger as for a normal text line. How my I
> specify this? For the upper space, I have tried, without success, to put a
> dummy big text behind the imagebox? I also do not see how I may center the
> ImageBox vertically to the current line?

Here is an attempt (two attempts really) to do this natively in Scribus:

http://www.infoisfree.com/Public/equationtext.png

Both of these are made by superimposing Render frames with a LaTeX
equation* on top of the underlying text frame, then setting text to flow
around the render frames.
On the top I didn't bother to fiddle with linespacing.
In the bottom example, I fudged things by making a newline after "Par",
then adjusting its linespacing to get the subsequent line where I wanted
it to be.

So potentially there is a lot of fiddling involved, but maybe only if
and when you want there to be.

Greg

* this is really rather messy in LaTeX:

$\bf{U_{eff} = \frac{U_{Cr\hat{e}te}}{\sqrt{2}} =
\frac{U_{Cr\hat{e}te-Cr\hat{e}te}}{2\cdot\sqrt{2}}}$