[scribus] Scribus sla to epub (export) q. (calibre does not work) -> image/captions

Richard Foley rich.inud at naktiv.net
Mon Jun 16 08:12:40 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 03:50:14PM +0200, pygmee wrote:
> most commonly, PDF to Epub conversion is one of the most difficult that can
> be done. Personnally my workflow includes a textprocessing file with all text
> and pictures to be imported into scribus and to be exported separately with
> writer2epub. Both scribusPDF and epub will then have a different layout. But
> this way, the conversion to epub is quite good.

<snip>
> Actually, we have none of these that 's why i think textprocessing is the
> best source.  cheers

When you say "a text processing file", for use in conjunction with writer2epub,
can you expand on that? This sounds an interesting possibility, if libreOffice
will open my PDF correctly. Perhaps off-list, as maybe this does not interest
other Scribus users. (although personally I would think it might also interest
others here).

ps. Ale, I'm still very keen on a direct simple flow, text and pictures, export
from Scribus, because the layout is already perfect there, by definition.

--
Ciao

Richard Foley

Supporting Naked Activities