[scribus] Stalking the wild 'RTL language support' in Scribus

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 22:48:12 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM, مصعب الزعبي <moceap at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yes Guys.
>
> This problem stand in face who want to use Scribus in more than 30% of
> whole
> world that using RTL in their language.
>
> Our past work in Arabic group we can Fix Two issues from three ..
>
> 1 - RTL align
> 2 - RTL shaping
>
> The third one that Scribus PDF extraction in these languages.
> So I hope that you fix PDF extraction issue soon as you possible
> And I'll try to re-write our patch here to be compatible with devel
> branch of Scribus.
>
> Best Regards

> Scribus

> sometime as
> > > these
> existence of

> > > comprehension
> current
> more

> the
> your

> > > Hi Kunda,
> > >
> > > I guess that would be me on the Scribus team. I'm currently sidetracked
> > > with
> > > refactoring the PDF code. After that I'll return to RTL + nonlatin
> scripts.
> > > As soon as I have the necessary infrastructure changes in place, I'll
> > > create a
> > > project on Github and ask for people to join the effort.
> > >
> > > /Andreas
> > >

> > Thank you Andreas. I appreciate your reply and work.
> >
> > Just an idea: in my mind it would be awesome if we incorporated the
> > practice of hearing from the core-devs from time to time. Maybe on a blog
> > like rants.scribus.net ? I know that for example, MrB is oriented toward
> > diminishing the bug count on Mantis as well as putting the finishing
> > touches on a dedicated OSX bleeding edge nightly generator. Jghali has
> been
> > as well but I'm not sure the full orientation. It would be cool to get a
> > bi-weekly check-in with possible news. You could all send me news and I'd
> > be happy to post it.
> >
> > Just planting seeds, seeing if they'd grow :)
> > Cheers,
> > /Kunda

Hey Andreas and Mosaab,

30% of the world that wants to use Scribus will weep tears of joy when this
day arrives. Ok...maybe too dramatic, but it will be a good day :)

Andreas, the refactoring that you speak of, does it include the PDF
extraction issue that Mosaab is referring to?

Hans, very cool offer. Please stay tuned to these developments so we can
benefit from your knowledge. Thanks!

Cheers,
/Kunda

PS
Mossab & Hans
I learned recently that it is list policy to not top post (see:
http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html). It makes sense especially when
viewing the ML in 'thread view' (
http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/2014-June/thread.html).