[scribus] Stalking the wild 'RTL language support' in Scribus

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 11:39:22 UTC 2014

Every so often - sometimes as a rumor, sometimes as a 'BTW', sometime as a
patch - the issue of RTL support comes up on the ML or forums. To me these
are hopeful moments because this shows the necessity for the existence of
this, I'm told, feature. Yet it is obviously a complicated matter to
implement.

The hope is that the challenges will be overcome. My limited comprehension
on this subject does grasp though that this RTL patch needs to
simultaneously respect and be built side by side with a ongoing current
Scribus infrastructure code change. This added complexity makes for more
time delays and possible diminishing enthusiasm.

So I'm just wanting to say, whoever is working on RTL, please keep the
Scribus community updated. Make yourselves be known and post what your
challenges and milestones are. It's important.

Thanks for everyone involved in this.

Cheers,
/Kunda