[scribus] Request for assistance

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:36:08 UTC 2014

Hello folks,
So just wanted to give a heads up that I'm spearheading some efforts to
help 'soup up' more participation when it comes to testing and compiling
multi-platform builds of Scribus by more folks in the community (and on the
periphery which includes LibreGraphics peeps, OSS in general, Mac OSX
world, and the crossover Adobe Indesign crowd who can't afford it anymore
:P )

The key to this entails making insanely good documentation to help inspire
and empower. So first I want to really appreciate efforts that have been
done by so many before me.

Most recently: JLuc's great work on
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_file_a_bug_report This is a critical
first step to help inspire, by inviting and allowing people to have a voice
and express it. Greg Pittman on using Scribus and Github. Really good
practical information there for people to exponentially learn both Scribus
and Git at the same time. a.l.e for outlining/writing a lot of the
information on the topic of participation already that I can draw from on
his github repos. BTW, if you're not on this list it doesn't mean that I'm
forgetting you or not aware of your efforts (which possibly may be the
case), it's because I want to get to the point :)

Great developments in Scribus have happened pre-peri-post LGM2014. So in
the spirit of riding the wave of those efforts I'm inviting folks to help
pretty up some of the wiki documentation in conjunction with my
spearheading efforts. This includes:

+ http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake (making
this super readable and fun)
+ http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_apply_a_patch_to_scribus_sourcecode
(same principle as above)
+ Participation on the topics discussed in
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Needed
+ Help educate volunteers using the above resources and/or guiding them
step-by-step. Example: http://goo.gl/vkmrFD
++ Especially we need people who are interested in helping to build 1.5svn
for LInux, OS X and Windows: on a bi-weekly basis or whenever a certain
revision is committed, or to test patches etc...
+ Help to create documentation that will facilitate all of the above Better
and help progress the effort.

Also want to send a very thankful regards to the Devs for their continued
work. Thanks everyone for your attention. Lets continue to get a kick out
of this continued momentum!

Cheers,
/Kunda