[scribus] FW: To improve Scribus to be common in Asia and Africa .

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sun Jun 1 06:17:15 UTC 2014

> Gesendet: Freitag, 30. Mai 2014 um 15:10 Uhr
> Von: "مصعب الزعبي" <moceap at hotmail.com>
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] FW: To improve Scribus to be common in Asia and Africa .
>
> Here is :
> Patched version of Scribus That support RTL Languages
>
> like : ( Arabic - Urdu - Hebrew - Farsi >> )
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:moceap/Scribus
>
> I work to improve this patch wich contain supporting RTL aligns by fribidi
> and RTL shapping by harfbuzz .
>
> Any help is welcomed >>

Hi Mosaab,

Thank you very much for your work!

I hope many users who need these features will test your version. I wonder if someone could volunteer to build Windows and OS X versions from your source base.

What we need for the 1.5.0svn branch, though, is patches, patches, and patches. You also have to coordinate your efforts with Andreas's refactoring work, not the least because the latter could make the creation of patches a lot easier.

Thanks again,

Christoph