[scribus] Building Scribus

Ian Whitfield whitfield at telkomsa.net
Mon Jul 28 09:32:43 UTC 2014

Hi All

I am a regular user of Scribus and have been for several years now - and
I love it!!
I produce a monthly +/- 50 page Journal for a group I run all over the
World.

My OpSys is PClinuxOS and Scribus is in the repos. However it does seem
to be not update as often as I would like. The only version right now is
1.4.3 and it has been like this for some time.

I wrote in to the devs about this and received a reply that 1.4.5 was
available, but it is not, so I wrote back to the devs.
I never got a reply and the post was removed!!!

I know that 1.5 is available and I would very much like to try it. Also
the version in the PCLOS repo does not include the Spell Checker and I
understand that this is because a part (dependency?) was left out when
it was built.

What I would like to know is how do I build a version myself? I have
never done this and would like to try but need pointers on how to do
this or a DIY site where I can get all the details.

Thanks guys!!

IanW
Pretoria RSA