[scribus] A few little questions about Scribus 1.5 svn

Gimp-Werkstatt gimp-werkstatt at gmx.de
Sun Jul 27 10:58:21 UTC 2014

Hallo list

A few weeks back I installed the new Scribus 1.5 svn. I find it so
great, that I tried to polish my English and write to this list. I hope
it is understandable for everyone as I don't use English very often any
more.

I think, you did a really great job. The new functions are absolutely
fantastic, especially the new drop shadow with dithering is really a
great help and the drawing-tool as well is a nice new toy for me.

For my teaching-job I write a lot of scripts and tend to use Scribus
more and more often for script in a range of about 30 pages, where I
used to work with a text-program like Libre Office before. So I do have
a few questions about the Scribus 1.5 svn. My colleagues have already
asked me, if I could do a training session for them on Scribus 1.5. So
before I agree to that, I do have some little questions, that I hope you
could give me an answer to.

1. When I write a learning-script with Scirbus 1.5, I can't open the sla
to continue working with Scribus 1.4. So my first question is, if there
is still a lot of doing on the new Scirbus for example on the surface of
the program.

2. Is there a function within Scribus, where I could pre-set the size of
an image in ppi. Background to this question is, that I work with lots
of screen-shots in my documents. So I have to scale every single one on
the right ppi size. It would make life a lot easier for me, if Scribus
could do that for me.

3. Will the spell checker be integrated into text editor in Scribus 1.5?

4. Will Scribus 1.5 svn be called 1.5 or 1.6 once it has reached the
stable status?

Well, that were already all of my questions. Maybe there will come up
some more, while working wit it.  I thank you very much for you great
work, you've been doing to this program. And for your reply

regards

Anke