[scribus] Using scribus to create PDFs from the commandline

Marc Balmer marc at msys.ch
Sun Jul 20 17:26:28 UTC 2014

Currently we use LaTeX to produce PDF from the commandline (or rather, from within our applications).  We run a scrip that creates a LaTeX sourcefile, fires up latex, and returns the resulting PDF.

I am now trying to find out if that would be possible with Scribus somehow.  E.g. we would fire up scribus with the name of a Python script and the name of document.  The script would then populate the document with data and output it to PDF.

Is that possible?  Can we run a Python script at startup, or, can we run python and start Scribus from within?  Or, in other words, are there ways to automate Scribus without user interaction, i.e. from the commandline?