[scribus] Icon Missing On Menu Bar

William allokusa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 02:49:29 UTC 2014

Greg,

Thanks for your reply. There are 19 icons on my menu bar but not a single
one to insert a shape, and that is part of the problem. The tutorial reads:

 “NEXT, WE NEED A GRAY BACKGROUND FOR OUR PAGE. CLICK ON THE WHITE (OR
LIGHT GRAY) RECTANGLE IN THE MENU BAR OR SIMPLY PRESS S ON THE KEYBOARD.”
 The author assumes (INCORRECTLY) that I understand that we must first
insert a shape in order to create the background.!!

I assumed that pressing the s key, would create a gray background. I did
not press the shift key as the instructions did not say to do so. However,
I obviously missed noting that the cursor had changed, or it might have
been off the page. My Bad!

I should also mention that I was not in the Edit Contents mode, however, I
just found the missing icon(s): Windows Menu>Tools. !!

My apologies for not trimming this post. I still haven't figured out how to
do that in gmail !!