[scribus] Krita Kickstarter

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jul 10 21:12:07 UTC 2014

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 16:45:42 +0200
ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> > > AFAIK Krita is part of the KDE suite. Has
> > > it been changed to an independent program?
> >
> > Currently Krita depends on KDE libraries. The
> > plan is to port it to KDE Frameworks for 3.0
> > (to be released next spring or so) which will
> > cut the dependencies to a minimum. How this
> > will affect Linux users with a hard drive of
> > over 128GB in size is up to you to decide :)
>
> right now i'm at a krita workshop...
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

One of the problems has been the necessity to
upgrade the entire KDE package to get the latest
changes to the only part I am interested in (other
than Okular), Krita. So I applaud the effort to
limit the dependency on KDE libs.

Zero would be good :<)

 John Culleton Wexford Press
Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html PDF
e-book: "Create Book Covers with Scribus"
available at
http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html