[scribus] New to the list

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 03:45:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 6:01 AM, Jean-Paul Gendner <
jean-paul.gendner at orange.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> 1)         I am using Scribus since about 2-3 weeks, and brand new to this
> list. As my English is very poor, I looked for a French mailing list;
> however, I do not found one.

Do not be worried about spelling mistakes and grammer. Thank you for you
contributions.

> 2)         First; I would like to thank and congratulate the developers for
> this impressive software! Since years I dreamed to found a free and
> efficient publishing software. Now I have found it!
>
>             I have been impressed by the automatic hyphenation and many
> others.

 Agreed :)

> 3)         Of course, I also have difficulties:
>
> - I found that importing a table with the Importcsv2Table script is very
> poor and need to do many things manually. So I have modified the script,
> and
> will send another message to discuss this topic.

cool

> - For the moment I am not able to incorporate properly equations in a text.
> This is very important for me, however, I will see that later and probably
> send a message about that.

There have been/are some efforts in this direction see:
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3896

>             But, of courses, I do not have discovered all possibilities of
> Scribus

I have not discovered them all yet either

>             Regards,
>
>             Jean-Paul

Good to have you here. Thanks for your participation.
Cheers,
/Kunda