[scribus] signature separator altered? (was ... Re: Font problem)

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Jul 3 05:17:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 07:02:13AM +0200, Peter Nermander wrote:
> Believe me, when I say it isn't, it's very standards compliant.
> > But as has been pointed out already, it is meant to be a footer.
> >

> Did you try googling the issue? I found a bug report for mailman where
> someone stated that it would be wrong to use the signature separator for
> the mailling list footer. Why? Because the "standard" states that the

I'm on a few mailing lists where the list info appears as a signature
and I haven't seen any issues with the posters signature because of it.

IOW, the post appears as two different signatures.

I have had incidents where an MTA along the line has corrupted the
separator, not sure if it was running MS or not; but we all know that MS
doesn't stick with the standards as well as it should.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X