[scribus] signature separator altered? (was ... Re: Font problem)

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Thu Jul 3 05:02:13 UTC 2014

Believe me, when I say it isn't, it's very standards compliant.
> But as has been pointed out already, it is meant to be a footer.

Did you try googling the issue? I found a bug report for mailman where
someone stated that it would be wrong to use the signature separator for
the mailling list footer. Why? Because the "standard" states that the
client should look for the signature separator from the bottom up. If the
user has a signature and the footer uses the signature separator too, the
client will only hide the footer, not the user's signature.

So, that's in line what I said before: The mailing list footer is not a
signature and should not use a signature separator.

And the "standard" in question is for Usenet News, not E-mail.

/Peter