[scribus] Concept of layers

ugajin at talktalk.net ugajin at talktalk.net
Wed Jan 8 17:48:49 UTC 2014

Belt and braces?

-a

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Winkler <and.win82 at gmail.com>
Sent: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 17:38
Subject: [scribus] Concept of layers

Hi,

my understanding of layers is that all objects from all layers should
always be select- and editable regardless of what layer is selected,
unless the corresponding layer isn't locked. Also, the bounding boxes
of selected objects should have the color of their layer.

Scribus allows to select and edit only objects from the currently
selected layer. If this is intended and not a bug, my question is why
there is a checkbox to lock a layer? I would be enough just not to
select the layers I want to be locked.

Best regards
Andreas

___